Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Rihanna's Style Evolution in Interview Magazine (by Kanye West!) - StyleList

Rihanna in YSL on the cover of Interview. Photo: Courtesy of InterviewThe colorful, whimsical and sexy world Rihanna created for her addictive "Only Girl (in the World)" video springs to life again in the newest issue of Interview.On the fantastical bulk hair Mikael Jansson-shot cover, the Barbados-born pop star clutches a big bouquet of flowers while donning a dress, earrings and cuff by YSL, her bright-red hair in a mini beehive.On the inside pages, Rihanna keeps the same hairdo while showing plenty of skin as she lounges in a lush baroque-style apartment. She wears sexy gowns by Louis Vuitton, Jil Sander, Miu Miu, Chanel and Valentino, a pantless bodysuit by Lanvin and a '70s-style jumpsuit by Max Mara featuring up-to-there slits on both legs.In the accompanying interview, conducted by none other than Kanye West, Rihanna talks about her dramatic style evolution.Photo: Courtesy Interview"In the beginning of my career, I didn't have a lot of input in what I wore and stuff, but it was a very, innocent, girly look," she says. "Then after we put out Good Girl Gone Bad, it kind of became a darker, edgier look, and then it got even edgier on the last album [Rated R]. And now...I'm over the whole structured clothing, overly shoulder-padded sh**. I like stuff that's easy without trying too hard. I don't hair bulk like stuff that's too contrived. I'm not into trends or trendy style anymore."West goes on to ask her what she thinks her style will be like in a year's time."I probably see a lot of menswear, or something extremely, extremely feminine. But I like to play with both," she says. "It would have to be so extreme that it's a look, because I don't usually like typical ladylike, girly-girly stuff. It would be a look if I were to do it. I chinese remi always like something that's a little off, so it's just not typical or expected."Trend humpers, we'd suggest investing in some trousers and tuxedo blouses right about now.To read more of the somewhat bizarre interview in which Kanye asks Rihanna about her new album, Loud, and acting debut, as well as her sway over other women and childbearing plans, head over to interviewmagazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment